AR speaketh...

The questions, the answers, the thoughts, the ideas and the other crap that make me, well, me.

Friday, June 30, 2006

What is in a mane?

Foreword: As the world is gripped by the Football World Cup fever, I found the time to sit througha short presentation on Wimbledon. Particularly, about the (then) up coming match between Andre Agassi and Rafael Nadal. This is about what I saw.

Picture a young, muscular youth with a flowing mane of hair on a tennis court, sending down thunderous volleys with disdain. A rebellious attitude that borders on contempt, which is clearly visible for the power serves of the players around him. Had this been written a decade and a half ago, we would be talking about Ande Agassi. As it turns out, today, Rafael Nadal answers to the same sobriquet. I now know that Agassi lost to Nadal in what was a no-contest. I just hope Nadal is man enough to carry the burden of the tradition he has unwittinlgy taken from Agassi.

1 Bouquets-or-brickbats:

At July 06, 2006 6:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dandruff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get this widget | Share | Track details